Was Jesus Poor?

Is there Biblical evidence for a poor Jesus?

I was thinking the other day about the gifts the wise men gave Jesus. They were expensive gifts! Some of that stuff cost an entire years salary! So I would assume that would have made Jesus financially secure for a little while at least. He was not wanting. Then I thought about Jesus being born in a manger - a picture of poverty it would seem but Jesus was born there not because they couldn't afford it but because there was no room at the inn. It is true that Jesus does say that the Son of Man has no place to lay his head but I'm not sure if that is a reference to poverty. Jesus' words were often cryptic and I think he had a deeper meaning. I came across a fairly good article on the issue of whether Jesus was poor that you can read here.

0 comments: